Posted in Coffee, Eating Out, Photography, Travel
- Had a great view of the city from the Harbourview Hotel
- Wandered through The Rocks, found some interesting staircases and a lot of other tourists.
- Had a very average meal at Bar Luca on Phillip Street in the city (with the worst Sangria i’ve ever tasted)
- Still hungry and unsatisfied, made our way to Chinatown (guaranteed to be open late on a Tuesday night) and had dinner 2 at Red Chilli Sichuan.
- Went to Cremorne and Mosman and visited Gerardo’s fantastic cafes there (Don Adan, and Don Adan Too)
- Wandered through Kings Cross, to Sharon’s friends place where we are stayed. Checked out some of the more interesting sights that only the Cross can offer.
- Had some extremely tasty lamb cutlets at a restaurant called Lotus somewhere on Bayswater Rd in the Cross
- Went to the institution that is Hernandez Coffee for 24 hour hot chocolates and churros
- Hopped a train to Newtown and checked out Campos coffee, had a superb short macchiato
- Had lunch in Newtown at KA Sushi, nothing spectacular but it filled a void.
- Bought a t-shirt from Funky Munky on King St in Newtown, Sharon bought a bag, a dress, a belt… innumerable other things.
- Wandered around finding interesting things to take photos of that didn’t seem to cliched…failed miserably.
- Caught the train back to Central and wandered through Surrey Hills. Found out where Bills 2, Billy Kwongs, and a few other places are for future reference
- Walked from Surrey Hills into the city, stopping briefly for refreshments, before ending up at The Strand, and amusing myself while Sharon slowly made her way through every designer shop she could find.
- Had tapas dinner at the old school, but highly recommended Capitain Torres in the Spanish Quarter… marveled at the fact that there even is a “Spanish Quarter”.