Jan
2007

DMBLGIT December 2006 Winners

Does anyone even remember last year ? It suddenly seems like so long ago… but there are still a few loose ends to tie together. That being the announcement of the winners of DMBLGIT for December 2006 ! (Note: All the photos were taken in November 2006, which is why I was initially calling it the November 2006 competition, but have since corrected it, as the competition always runs one month after the photos were taken).

The judges were asked to score each photo submitted on three categories, edibility, originality, and aesthetics. The combination of these categories has been used in the past, and I think it’s a good idea, as there are points in each category to be won for people with less technologically advanced camera setups as others. The scoring was very close in some categories, but I was very happy with the overall results. This means that there is an overall winner, and then a winner of each individual category (who has not already won something else), which means more people coming away with prizes. We had some excellent entries this year, and overall the standard was very very high…

So with no further ado, here are the winners.

Winner of Edibility

Ilva of Lucullian Delights with Balsamic Vinegar and Pistacchio Truffles

Winner of Originality

Jennifer of Fer Food with her beautiful Bacon Flowers

Winner of Aesthetics

This was so close we actually had a three way tie.

Bea of La Tartine Gourmande with her Fall Medley Vegetable Soup — Soupe automnale de légumes variés

Nicole of Pinch My Salt with her Pumpkin Roll

Riana of For the Love of Baking with her Green Tea Pudding

Which leaves us with the overall winner this month being…. drum roll…

Overall Winner

Jules of Stone Soup with her Stuffed Baby Squid

Many thanks to the judges, Celine of Black Salt, Anthony of Spiceblog, Bron of Bron Marshall, Lara of Cook and Eat and Still Life With, for their time and energy, especially over such a time consuming part of the year. Thanks also to Matt of Matt Bites for letting me hack his lovely graphics up for this months prizes, which are available now to be displayed on the winners sites !

Note: despite my attempt at making gold, silver, and bronze coloured prize logos, there is no first, second, or third per se… All winners are winner, and are entitled to show whichever logo they feel best suits the style of their blog.

Thanks again to everyone and congratulation to the winners !

Looking for the next installment of DMBLGIT ? Look no further than Annie’s great site Bon Appageek ! Head on over now and get your entries in.

Print This Post Print This Post

13 Responses to “DMBLGIT December 2006 Winners” (5,153 views)

1. This was the best news I could get now just before I’m closing down my computer! Thanks to you Matt for hosting and to all the judges! Great choices!

January 7, 2007 at 2:37 am Reply
  2. sam

shouldnt this be December?
    I was a judge for November and it was hosted at Spittoon?

January 7, 2007 at 3:01 am Reply
  3. Thank you Matt! This is an honor to be here, once more in such great company. Many thanks to you and the judges for hosting and voting! the winning photos are great, I think (I am not talking about mine here of course). Also, I think that Sam is right, this is the December and not November event. This always confuses me as well!

January 7, 2007 at 10:46 am Reply
  4. Thanks Ilva and congratulations… :)

Sam, I get really confused by these things… I was calling it November all along because the photos were taken in November… but I guess it was the December edition of the competition… Confusing indeed, but I think I’ll update the prize images to say as such.

Bea, thanks to you as well… It’s great photos like yours that drives others to improve and take great shots themselves. Thanks for participating.

January 7, 2007 at 11:49 am Reply
  5. I never thought my photo could get to win any categories in DMBLGIT, ever! Not to mention when I saw the entries for this round, there were so many more photos than previous rounds!
    So, when Matt’s email came to my inbox, it was just like a gigantic happiness hit me and suddenly made my day :)
    Thanks to all judges for voting and Matt for hosting the event so wonderfully. I am so proud to be part of this event! And to win one :)

January 7, 2007 at 12:57 pm Reply
  6. Congrats to all the winners! Well done.

Thnak you Matt for hosting this one. You really were a brilliant host!

January 7, 2007 at 9:07 pm Reply
  7. congratulations to the winners: gorgeous photos!! And a special thank you to Matt for hosting this event

January 7, 2007 at 10:15 pm Reply
  8. Thanks all for the kind words, and congratulations again Riana, it was a great photo and a deserving winner. Be sure to check out Annie’s site, Bon Appegeek, for next months installment, which will be officially opened on Monday (or Tuesday if you live in Australia).

January 8, 2007 at 12:41 am Reply
  9. Good job to all the judges, and an extra star for the wonderful host! Looking at the whole list of entries, you had quite a job in front of you, and did it marvellously!

January 8, 2007 at 3:58 am Reply
  10. matt & the esteemed judges,
    thanks so much…feel very honoured to be a winner.
    love those bacon flowers..what a great idea

January 8, 2007 at 7:14 am Reply
  11. Congratulations Winners! My husband and I loved seeing all the great photos. Does anyone know when and where the next DMBLGIT? is?

January 9, 2007 at 8:48 am Reply
  12. Amazing recipes & photo’s. Congratulations to the winners. Time to improve my photo skills and presentation of my recipes!!!

January 9, 2007 at 3:04 pm Reply